Grow your skills while being a valued member of our team.
Our #OneMidland culture represents our cohesive team that thinks first in terms of group results rather than own personal gain.
Expand your mind and skills with training courses, high potential programs, and ongoing education through Midland University.
You’ll get the opportunity to make a difference in your community by volunteering for causes that are important to you.
Experience Not Required
Many of our jobs, including bank teller positions, are entry-level, and you’ll get the chance to train alongside our expert staff.
We Promote from Within
More than 40% of our positions are filled from inside the company.
Transparency & Visibility
Our employment matrix provides a clear view of job descriptions and compensation. You get to envision and create your own future.
Pay, Perks and Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Loan Program
Paid Time Off
Generous Referral Bonuses
Free Checking Account
We offer a variety of positions designed to empower you. Image the impact you can have and jumpstart your career as a…
- Bank Teller
- Personal Banker
- Universal Banker
- Sales Assistant
Want to make a difference? So do we. Step in to explore the wealth of career opportunities and take your career to the next level as a…
- Banking Center Manager
- Commercial Relationship Manager
- Solutions Engineer
- Mortgage Loan Originator
Job Shadowing for Students in Effingham
Every individual has many different skills, interests, and talents and sometimes it can be difficult to decide which career path might suit you best. Before making a hasty decision on what career path you want to take, take a few hours to explore a career with Midland States Bank! This opportunity is only available at our corporate office located in Effingham, IL.
The goal of our job shadowing program is to introduce you to the world of banking and the many career paths banking possesses. If you are interested in banking as a career, we would like to give you the opportunity to job shadow at Midland States Bank. The hope is that you receive some valuable exposure and real insight into how it is “on-the-job.”
Personal and Professional Growth
- On-the-job training
- Independent & group training activities
- Masters 1 & 2
- Tuesday Topics
- Midland University
- Financial Education Modules
Here’s what our employees are saying.
“Midland does a really good job at creating a positive culture. They work really hard to maintain a constructive one and really care about their employees. I feel like they genuinely care about our feedback and want to help us advance. I enjoy working for Midland.”
“Worked here a long time and I like it. I work with a great team to ensure our customers are taken care of the best we can. I like the value they give their employees to have a voice.”
“Midland is great to its employees and provides many opportunities to grow professionally and to advance your career. Employees are empowered to provide exceptional service to their customers. Midland has an intentional and positive process for building its corporate culture.”
“I have learned so much while working for Midland. I started my banking career with them and left for several years and then came back. I didn't realize what an opportunity it was to have great mentors and learning possibilities, until I didn't have it any longer. If you are looking for a place that is big enough to give you those opportunities, but still have the community bank feel, then Midland is that place.”
“Midland States Bank provides their employees with a positive work environment and the resources for both professional and personal growth. "One Midland" is built on supporting Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Empowerment, Creativity & Achievement!”
“I love my job, it's a fast-paced work environment, with opportunities for growth inside the organization. Great culture and management team are always available to talk to!”
Diversity and inclusion has been a significant part of our history and a guiding principal for our future. Midland States Bank was one of the first in the nation to have a woman on its board in 1903. Currently, our board is comprised of 40% women and minorities. We continue to implement and encourage internal groups to keep Diversity and Inclusion at the forefront of our organization. One such group is Midland WOMEN.
Midland WOMEN is a dynamic resource group focused on the development, promotion, and retention of women at all levels of the company, especially those in senior manager positions. Midland WOMEN provides professional and personal growth opportunities, including guest speakers, team activities, community involvement, and networking opportunities.
At Midland, we'll grow your interest and give you the credit you deserve.
Do what you love. Create the future you want.
Who is Midland States Bank? We're glad you asked!
- We are... here for our customers and employees
- We are... one company, one culture, one team
- We are... the values we live by each day
- We are... thinking outside the box
- We are... strengthening each other
- We are... continuously improve
- We are... members of our community & give back
Learn more about our Midland Culture in our Midland Culture Handbook. We look forward to seeing how you add to our community.
Add to a movement that matters – not just to you, but to your community.
- Our Corporate HQ, built in 2011, is LEED (Silver) certified.
- We have installed solar power in 10 Midland locations.
- We have made more than $50 million of credit available for residential solar projects since 2011.
- We have provided $877 million of financing for 148 affordable multi-family and health care projects since 2015
- Through our Believable Banking® Residential Mortgage and Home Improvement programs we have made more than $31 million of loans to families underserved by traditional loan programs.
- $30 million of investment towards community development goals targeted for the 2019-2021 period.
- Since its creation in 2011, the Midland States Bank Foundation has contributed more than $1,150.000 to non-profit organizations throughout Midland’s footprint
- We work with more than 150 low-to-moderate income (LMI) and minority focused community groups to insure we address the needs of each of our markets.
- The Midland Institute CEO program, a unique year-long program designed to teach entrepreneurship to high school students, was created in 2010. In 2020, more than 50 programs, serving more than 229 high schools in six states, now utilize this powerful program for energizing tomorrow’s business leaders.
Are you ready to get started?
Explore our open opportunities and apply today.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois generates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files, required by the Transparency in Coverage Final Rule, on behalf of Midland States Bank. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://www.bcbsil.com/asomrf?EIN=370259550.