If you’re low on checks and need to reorder more for your account, you can handle this easily online or by phone.
- Log on to https://orderpoint.deluxe.com/
- Enter the Midland States Bank routing number: 081204540
- Enter your Midland States Bank checking account number (found on your monthly bank statement or at the bottom of your current checks
- Enter your zip code
- Once signed in, follow the prompts to reorder additional checks
- Call Midland Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352.
- You’ll need your account number handy
A routing number is a 9-digit number used to identify a financial institution in a transaction. You can find the routing number at the bottom of your checks as the first 9 digits from left to right. This number is needed when filling out forms for Direct Deposit or when reordering checks.
Midland States Bank routing number is: 081204540
You may request to have a check payment stopped if the check hasn’t already been accepted by Midland States Bank for processing. You’ll need to provide ample information before the stop payment request can be completed. If you need to request stop payment services for online bill payments, please call Customer Care at 1-855-696-4352.
When using your Midland States Bank ATM card at a non-Midland States Bank ATM, you may be charged a terminal fee at their ATM when making cash withdrawals.
Call our Customer Care center to dispute a transaction posted to your checking or savings account. 1-855-696-4352.
Personal Debit Cards
If your current debit card has been damaged and won’t work, you can get a replacement card and keep the same account number. By keeping the same account number, you won’t have to change any automatic credits or debits that you’ve set up through your card.
- Reorder your debit card by calling Midland Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352
- You may also reorder your card by stopping in your nearest Midland States Bank branch office.
- Once you receive your new debit card, verify that the card number is the same and activated your new debit card.
- Destroy your old debit card by cutting it up and disposing of it.
If you need a second debit card for the same account, call Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352. You can also stop by your local Midland States Bank branch for assistance. Each card issued will have a different card number—even though they’ll be under the same account.
If you believe your debit card has been lost or stolen, it’s important that you report it immediately. Your Debit MasterCard comes with Zero Liability Protection, meaning you won’t be liable for certain types of unauthorized transactions, if you promptly report your card.
Call Midland Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352 anytime, 24/7/365. Talk to a Customer Care Representative during business hours, or if you’re calling after normal business hours, follow the prompts to report your card.
Your Midland States Bank debit card has preset daily spending limits to help reduce fraudulent spending if your card is lost or stolen.
- ATM cash withdrawals are limited to $500
- Point of Sale (POS) transactions are limited to $2,500
To learn more about spending limits, please contact Midland Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352.
If you’re taking a trip within the US or outside the country, please notify us before you travel. As a safety precaution for debit card usage, if we see unusual or suspicious transactions occurring on your card, such as transactions in other states, we may place a freeze on your card until we can verify the transactions are not fraudulent. To avoid this from happening, contact Midland Customer Care toll-free at 1-855-696-4352 and let us know the dates you’ll be traveling.
MyCardRules is an easy-to-use mobile app that lets you set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts.
Just download the MyCardRules app from Google Play™ or the App Store®. Then you can set a wide range of controls and alerts on all your cards. For example, you can:
- Turn your card on or off
- Set transaction spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type and merchant type
- Get instant alerts on certain types of transactions, like when a transaction is declined
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device’s location
- Set parental controls and monitoring
Alerts will show up just like any other notifications you get on your mobile device.
Because you can manage your card transactions all in one place, right from your mobile device. You have complete control of how, when, where — and WHO uses your cards.
Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention, and gives you added peace of mind.
Yes, managing your cards with MyCardRules is safe and secure. Your account is password protected and highly encrypted.
After you download the MyCardRules app, select “New User” and then enter your card information to begin registration.
You'll need to provide:
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Security Code (usually on the back of your card)
Next, you’ll create a username and password.
Once your account is created, you can log in and access the “Card Details” screen.
From this screen you can:
- Turn card controls on/off
- Set controls
- Manage alert preferences
- View recent transactions and more
MyCardRules shows Debit Card purchases on the day of the transaction while online banking shows the date the transaction is processed.
At this time, debit card controls are accessed through the MyCardRules separately from the Mobile Banking App.
Yes. Once you’ve signed into the app, on the main screen under the card image is an ‘On/Off’ toggle. Simply slide the toggle to ‘off.’
Only debit card transactions will appear in the history screen.
At this time, the Midland States Bank MasterCard Debit Card is the only card that can be controlled via the MyCardRules application.
Within the Control Preferences screen, tap Spend Limits. On the Spend Control screen, enable ‘Per Transaction’ and enter the amount above which transactions must be denied. Then click ‘Save.’
BaZing Mobile App
BaZing is offered FREE with Midland States Bank Liv Rewarded and Liv Unlimited accounts.
Simply go to your local branch and talk to your Universal Banker or contact one of our Midland Customer Care Specialists at 1-855-696-4352.
If you’re having trouble accessing your BaZing account, contact one of our Midland Customer Care Specialists at 1-855-696-4352.
There are multiple ways:
- Open your BaZing app and show the merchant the deal.
- Don’t have the app? Go to Bazing.com and print off your personalized coupon.
For online deals go to Bazing.com and click the “Online Deals” tab at the top of the page. From there, you can search web deals from your favorite local and national stores. Links for the savings can be accessed from the “Online Deals” page.
How the BaZing Guarantee works:
1. Using the BaZing mobile app, click the discounted offer, then click “REDEEM.”
2. When you back out of the "deal" you will see a prompt and click on "I Had A Problem"
3. The details on the BaZing Guarantee will appear. Using the camera icon, take a photo of your receipt (which doesn’t have the BaZing discount honored) and click Submit.
4. BaZing will mail you a check for the amount of the discount up to $100.
5. You may also call or email BaZing customer service at 1-855-UBAZING (1-855-822-9464) email@example.com if you have questions.
It's a way to track your BaZing savings over the current month year, or even a lifetime.
If there’s a business you’d like to see join the BaZing Savings Network, click on the “More” menu from within your BaZing app and click on “Refer A Merchant". Give us the business name, location, and a way to contact them. From there, we’ll reach out to the business to inquire about joining the BaZing Savings Network.
BaZing’s Health Saving Card allows you to:
- Save up to 50% or more on prescription drugs.
- Take advantage of a mail order pharmacy to get 30–90 day prescriptions delivered directly to your door.
- Take 15% off 70 different hearing-aid models.
- Save on frames, lenses, eye exams, even LASIK surgeries.
- Access these savings by presenting your BaZing health Savings Card to participating providers.
Through the mobile app
From the homepage, click the “More” tab. Then click “Health Savings Card” and show to the participating provider.
Access through the website
You can print the card by going to BaZing.com. Click the “Categories” tab. Under “Health,” click select either Pharmacy Savings or Eye Care & Hearing Savings. Click on the Print the Health Savings Card button.
Call Roadside Assistance directly at 1-877-822-7243. Give the operator your name, phone number, location, and type of service you need. There are links to this phone number on Bazing.com and on the mobile app. They’ll get you back on the road as soon as possible at a preferred event fee of $64.95. BaZing will give you $25 cash back on roadside assistance services.
2. Battery service
3. Flat tire
4. Keys locked in car
5. Fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery
6. Collision and extrication assistance
When your cell phone gets damaged, you’ll feel better knowing you have BaZing coverage. The only requirement is that you pay your cell phone bill with your Midland Liv Rewarded or Liv Unlimited checking account. If your cell phone is broken or stolen, BaZing will pay to have it replaced, up to $200 per claim (maximum of 2 claims per year).
To file a claim:
- Login to BaZing.com to download a claim form. Click on “Categories”, then “ Protection” and "Cell Phone Protection”. Click on the View Claim Form button to print or download the form. If you prefer, you can call BaZing customer service at 1-855-UBAZING (1-855-822-9464) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have a form sent to you.
- File your claim within 90 days of damage or theft.
- Complete the form and required documentation and submit it per the instructions on the form.
- To understand the terms and conditions of the coverage, review the Guide to Benefits at www.bazing.com/zonecellphone.aspx. Here you can see what’s not covered with this protection.
You’re automatically able to take advantage of all the BaZing Identity Protection features if you’re a Liv Rewarded or Liv Unlimited.
It’s easy and fast. But first, a Midland checking, savings or money market account is required.
- Go to www.midlandsb.com and click “Login” at the top of the page.
- Click “Enroll”
- Complete the secure sign-up form.
- Click the box to enroll in free Bill Pay.
- Click the box to confirm you have read and accept the Terms & Conditions, after you have read the Terms & Conditions.
- Click "Complete Sign Up"
- Access to your online account will be available momentarily.
As a Midland States Bank online banking user, you’re eligible for access to our free Bill Pay service. Enrollment is easy and is done one of two ways:
- Enrollment is available when signing up for Online Banking. Simply check the Bill Pay box at the bottom of the secure sign-up sheet.
- If you didn’t sign up for Bill Pay when enrolling in Online Banking, you can sign up from within your Online Banking account. Click the Bill Pay tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions to start using the service.
You can sign up for and access Online Statements for many of your deposit and loan accounts within your Online Banking account. Click the Online Statement tab at the top of the page. You can enable your account statement(s) to be delivered online or by paper.
You can view your personal transaction limits within the Popmoney service in Online Banking. While setting up a Popmoney payment, select the From and To details under Payment Information. Then click the icon that appears next to the Amount field to view your limits. If you exceed the Next Day Service limits, your payment will be sent using the Standard Delivery of 3-Day Service.
For Next Day Service payments, the recipient will receive the funds one business day after accepting the payment. For Standard Delivery of 3-Day Service payments, the recipient will receive the funds three business days after accepting the payment. Click Activity to view the current status of all your payments.
Midland States Bank does not charge a fee to the sender or the recipient for a Popmoney transaction.
From the menu, select “Check Deposit”. Select your deposit account, enter the amount, snap a photo of the front and back of the fully endorsed check, then click send. You’ll get a confirmation that ensures your deposit has been made.
- Register for Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Add active payees
- Download our Midland Mobile App
- Click on Bill Pay from the menu
- Click on “Make a new payment”
- Select your payee and pay your bills
You can either pay bills manually or set up automatic payments.
Activate Text Banking from your Online Banking account.
Set up Text Alerts from your Online Banking account to be notified of certain actions.
Send text messages to 454545 to request account information.
BAL The available balance for your primary account
BAL CHK The available balance for your primary account
BAL SAV The available balance for your saving accounts
BAL ALL The available balance for all your accounts
LAST Last 5 transactions
TRANS Transfer funds to primary account Example: TRANS 150 (would be a $150 transfer)
STOP Deactivate your Text Banking service
HELP Help on keyword commands
You don’t need a password to access your account information via text message. A helpful suggestion is to save the phone number 454545 in your Contacts for easy recall. From your Midland Online Banking account, you can quickly set up your account and alerts.
Our saving accounts with fees include the FlexSaver, Money Market, and HSA (Health Savings Account).
FlexSaver: $3 monthly service fee. Avoid it by maintaining a minimum daily balance of $250 or receive a monthly electronic deposit (ACH) into this account. Learn more
Money Market: $15 monthly service fee. Avoid it by maintaining a minimum daily balance of $1,000 or a $7,500 average monthly balance. Learn more
HSA (Health Savings Account): $2 monthly service fee. Avoid it by maintaining a minimum average balance of $1,500. Learn more
Note: Our YouthSaver account doesn’t require a servicing fee. Learn more
No enrollment is necessary. Courtesy Overdraft Protection is automatically established when you open a qualified personal checking account at Midland.
- $100 overdraft coverage is available the business day after account opening for the first 60 days.
- A maximum of $500 overdraft balance is available after your account is open a minimum of 60 days.
*Courtesy Overdraft Protection is not available for Liv On checking accounts.
Yes, with a Reserve Line of Credit. A maximum of $1,000 overdraft balance is available.
- Visit a Midland location near you and provide a completed Reserve Line of Credit application for overdraft coverage
- Once you receive approval and coverage limits, your Reserve Line of Credit will link to your qualified Midland checking account and coverage will be available up to the approved limit.
- You’ll be provided Reserve Line of Credit Disclosures and Agreement details at the time of approval.
- Request Online Banking access at the time of application, or call 1-855-696-4352 and request access later.
- Self-directed online transfers from your Reserve Line of Credit to your checking account are NOT charged the overdraft transfer fee.
- Visit a Midland location near you or contact a Customer Care Specialist at 1-855-696-4352.
- Request online access to transfer funds from your savings or money market account with Online Banking. Self-directed online transfers from your savings or money market account are not charged the overdraft transfer fee.
- You can also request Bank by Phone access to transfer funds. Call 1-855-696-4352 to speak with a Customer Care Specialist to enroll and select a 4-digit code to access your accounts. Self-directed Bank by Phone transfers from your savings or money market account are NOT charged the overdraft transfer fee.
If you want to authorize and pay for purchases with your debit card—regardless of the balance in your checking account—you’ll need to provide permission for us to pay for these transactions even if an overdraft occurs as a result. Call 1-855-696-4352, or visit a Midland location near you and complete a consent form.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
Your coverage access is automated when checks, debit card transactions, wires, or automated direct debits are processed and withdrawn from your balance. Midland will check your current balance and if you don’t have the funds to cover the withdrawal, we’ll check to see if you have overdraft protection services and the amount of coverage available. As long as coverage is available, Midland will access your overdraft coverage and pay the item and process the overdraft according to your agreement.
Midland offers free financial tools that provide the ability to be aware of what’s in your accounts at the time you spend your money. You can sign up and use the following tools that help you be your own overdraft protection service:
1. Online banking balance alerts
2. Mobile check deposits
3. Bank by Phone
4. Finance Works
5. Bill Pay
6. Online transfers
7. Text transfers
Sometimes understanding the difference between a returned item and a paid overdraft item can be confusing. Here’s how you can tell the difference:
If your item is returned and not paid:
Your bank statement (or online banking history) will show a fee associated with the processing of a presented item(s) that was returned and your overdraft protection services wouldn’t cover the item(s).
If your item is paid by accessing your Overdraft Protection service:
Your bank statement (or online banking history) will show the item(s) withdrawn from your balance, resulting in a negative balance but offset by a deposit from your qualified overdraft protection service (Savings Transfer and Reserve Line of Credit). Courtesy Overdraft Protection continues to show negative balances and certain fees are associated with sustained negative balance. You’ll also see a fee for processing the item(s).
It’s better to keep a bad thing from happening than it is to fix a bad thing once it’s happened. The best way to avoid fees associated with overdrafts is to prevent the overdraft from occurring.
Here are a few prevention tips:
Establish a budget each month.
By understanding how you spend your money, you’re able to plan ahead for expenses.
Understand your cash flow.
Write down your income (paycheck, child support payments, etc.) and subtract the total of your monthly expenses. The remaining amount is what you have left over to set aside for your emergency fund.
Track your checking account activity.
Always track what you’ve spent out of the account and what you’ve deposited. This can be done with a checking account register. Online and mobile services keep you informed and provide immediate access to your account information.
Use Online and Mobile Banking to help.
- Set up mobile or email alerts
- Pay bills within Online Banking
- Move money between accounts
- Use FinanceWorks to set up your budget
- View your account statement online and balance each month
Set up Savings Account Transfers for added protection.
Understand your fees.
Read your account documents so that you understand how your account works, the fees associated with your account, the fees associated with your debit card, and the fees charged for miscellaneous bank services.
Balance your account.
Balance your checkbook regularly and review your checking account statement every month.
Here are some examples:
- You forget to record your automatic payments that are deducted from your checking account.
- You write a check that’s greater than the available balance in your checking account.
- You don’t set aside money to cover emergencies or mistakes.
- Your account closes because you don’t have money in it.
- You run your account balance too close—and hope that the checks you write don’t clear before your next deposit.
- You don’t record your checks and debit card transactions in your checkbook register.
- You don’t balance your account on a regular basis.
Using one or a combination of the following financial tools will help you stay informed and avoid financial pitfalls that lead to an overdrawn account.
- Set up mobile or email alerts.
- Pay bills within Online Banking.
- Move money between accounts.
- Use FinanceWorks to set up your budget.
- View your account statement online and balance each month.
Alpine Bank Credit Card Customer FAQs
To report a lost or stolen card, or to order a replacement card, please call VIP Customer Service at 866-839-3409.
For Emergency services call: U.S. 800-VISA-911.