As you grow your wealth or acquire substantial assets, determining how they'll be managed during your lifetime, and then protected and distributed when you pass on, requires thoughtful consideration and careful planning. At Midland, we offer experienced estate planning advice and administration — as well as customized trust management for individuals, families, institutions, foundations and endowments. Our experienced trust and estate professionals work with you to consolidate and manage your trust and estate needs, addressing a broad range of concerns, from reducing taxes to maximizing income for your beneficiaries. We offer a variety of estate planning services as they relate to wills, powers of attorney, corporate executorships, the disposition of your assets and the settlement of your estate.
While we don't take the place of your attorney or accountant, we can act as a trusted member on your team of advisors.
By designating Midland to serve as your corporate trustee, you will benefit from a wide range of trust services, including:
- Management, investment and distribution of assets
- Distribution of trust funds in accordance with your wishes
- Protection of the confidentiality of information
- Preparation of tax-related documents
When you appoint Midland to be your executor or personal representative, a professional team of specialists will apply the skill, sensitivity and discretion in helping you plan for the disposition of your assets and the settlement of your estate. We can do the following:
- Probate your will
- Collect assets and information
- Determine debts and claims against the estate
- Manage all elements of the estate, including investments
- Analyze and resolve time-consuming and complex tax issues
- Determine and arrange payment of all taxes
- Distribute the estate
Midland's long-standing stability is a testament to our success in providing intellectual trust and wealth management resources. We develop comprehensive, tailored programs designed to fulfill your vision that are objective, flexible and thorough.
- Patricia N. Fong
- JD, CTFA Senior Trust Officer